I want to build a Touch Screen GSM Base Station
This is a work in progress, and these post are my daily notes as I work through the project.
1st iteration was a non touch screen GSM box using ultra low cost equipment.
Winbook TW101 Tablet- ($199 / 239 with Keyboard)
- Widescreen IPS Multi-Touch Touchscreen 16:10 10.1″ 1280×800 Display
- Intel Baytrail-T Z3735D 1.33GHz Quad-Core CPU
- 2GB RAM & 32GB eMMC Flash Storage
- Windows 8.1 + Bing
- Expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
- USB 3 port
- Fully bus-powered USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Software Defined Radio
- Portable, handheld form factor: 5″ by 3.5″
- Extensible gold plated RF SMA connectors
- 300MHz – 3.8GHz RF frequency range (GSM 800-900GHz, 1800 -1900GHz)
Step 1 Install Ubuntu on Winbook TW101
Challenge: Ubuntu has not released EFI support on their 32bit ISO.
0.1 Prep for dual boot.
Dual Boot Windows 8 Ubuntu
1. Use Rufus to burn Ubuntu 14.10 iso on to USB drive.